Fridays of December 2023 - walk to lapland in Christmas jumpers/colours
TBA - Christmas Raffle
15th of December 2023 - Christmas Games Day
Christmas is fast approaching and IHOMSA are arranging the legendary Christmas Party Games Day for children throughout the school. In order to run the event, we need lots of volunteers to support – which is where we hope you will come in.
We’re looking for people to volunteer to cover our morning or afternoon sessions on Friday 15th December 2023 – it would be fantastic if you could complete and submit the form below by Friday 8th December so we can make this Christmas magic happen!! If we don't get enough volunteers, unfortunately we wont be able to run the day.
We will be in touch with all respondents with further details following the submission deadline.
Thanks for your ongoing support!
Thursday 7th of December 2023 - Christmas disco (times to TBA)
If your child is attending ASC and then going to the KS2 disco, they must be collected by an adult from ASC, then taken to the disco. (n.b. staff from ASC will NOT be at the disco, please make arrangements for an adult to accompany your child to the disco)
- Thursday 7th December will be a non uniform day for the whole school.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult to the disco. Adults must stay for the duration of the disco.
- There will be refreshments on sale for the adults (tea, coffee, snacks and soft drinks - cash or card accepted)
- Entry to the disco is via the small hall on the playground - please do not go through the office.
- Please note KS2 children are not permitted to use mobile phones or take photos/videos at the disco.
Thank you all for your continued support.
Friday 1st of December - non-uniform day (donations for the raffle)
For children in Reception and Key Stage 1, please bring in a box of chocolate / treat donation and all children in Key Stage 2 please bring a bottle.
PAST EVENTS - 2023
Thursday 19th of October 2023 - pumpkin competition
We are inviting the children to draw their own pumpkin designs on the A4 pumpkin sheet that has been provided to children. There is a £1.00 entry fee and all entries for the competition need to be in school by Monday 23rd October and will be judged that day by the school council. Please ensure your child’s name and class are placed on the back of the entry.
The School Council will be selecting the best designs and prizes will be given to the winner prior to the end of term.
We are looking forward to seeing all of the children’s fabulous designs - have fun! :)
Congratulations to the winners!!!
Wednesday 4th of October 2023 - cheese&wine night for reception parents
A lovely evening with reception parents welcome to IHOM followed by an introduction to the IHOMSA-PTA.
Thursday 28th of September 2023 - Break the rule day
Thursday 14th of September 2023 - AGM meeting
Please join us for Annual General Meeting which will take place in the school hall at 6:30pm. If you have any spare time, ideas you would like to share, it would be great to have you there. There is no commitment to come to every meeting (usually happens every 2 months) and no commitment to help. It is a friendly group of parents who want to fundrise to make your children's time at school as fun as possible.
Friday 30th June - Family Night
6.00 - 8.30pm
School Family Night is a celebration for children and their families of the school year, with fun stalls, some designed and run by our Year 6 children, games, a BBQ and a bar, we cannot wait to see you at the biggest event of the school year!
Family Night Tickets
Tickets for family night cost £2.50 for Adults, £1 for children pre-schoolers are free.
Please complete this form to confirm you will attend family night on Friday 30th June.
Please send your ticket fee into school in a clearly marked envelope with your name and your child's class as reference by Wednesday 28th June. This event is extended to immediate family- please send money for all tickets you have registered for. Your name will then appear on the door.
Family Night Raffle
A huge thank you to the 31 amazing local businesses who have donated incredible raffle prizes. As you can see below, we have a couple of big-ticket items...I'm sure you'll agree, there's something for everyone!
Tickets cost £2 each and will be available to buy on Family Night.
Can't make the night but still want to buy raffle tickets? No problem - we will be selling them on the school path at pick up in the week running up to the big event. Look out for our IHOMSA volunteers and please pay with cash only.
|Armadillo Toy Shop||£10 voucher|
|Capri Roundhay||£40 voucher|
|Christa Physio||£65 voucher for myofascia release massage or physiotherapy consultation|
|Culto||Bottle of Fonseca Porto wine|
|DriftStop||£80 family ticket voucher|
|El Bareto||£40 voucher|
|Form Bespoke Jewellers||£50 voucher for ring clean and polish|
|Further North||Brewery tour for 6 and case of beer|
|G-Wu||2 x £40 vouchers for either takeaway or restaurant|
|George & Joseph Cheesemongers||£10 voucher|
|Habito Living||£50 Majestic Wines voucher|
|Haley & Clifford||Voucher for coffee & cakes for two|
|Harewood House||Family day pass for 4|
|Hays Travel (Nick Massingham)||£250 Jet2 holiday voucher (T&Cs apply)|
|Hopscotch Shoes||£10 voucher|
|Karen Brindle||Midlife Reset & Weightloss Without Willpower - 90 minute Nutrition & Mindset Zoom session|
|Little Book Shop||£5 voucher|
|Rebel & Rose||Donated gift - headband (value £25)|
|Refilling Station||£10 voucher and 2 books|
|Rudy Pizza||£20 voucher|
|Silky Comedy Night||4 tickets for Comedy Night on Weds 26 July (worth £48)|
|Snazzy Cakes by Hayley||£30 voucher|
|Sweet Quarter||Sweetie bottle|
|Yoga Kula||£15 voucher|
|Zest Beauty||Shellac nails voucher|
|Apex Mortgages and Protection||£495 fee waiver for mortgage and/or insurance protection solutions (T&Cs apply)|
Non-uniform day, Friday 23rd June
There will be a non-uniform day on next Friday 23rd June in exchange for bringing in an item for the Family Night. Please can pupils in Reception, and Years 1, 2 and 3 bring in a tombola gift for a child or adult and pupils in Years 4, 5 and 6, a bottle of alcohol in exchange for wearing their own clothes on this day.
If you can spare time to help on the night, please fill in this form.
We look forward to seeing you there!
- 20th April: School Disco; £3.50 (includes Mr Shuffles, drink, treat and light bands)
- It is non-uniform for the whole school on Thursday. Children who are attending the disco are welcome to dress in party clothes for the day.
- Reception and KS1 disco is 3:30pm - 4.30pm. Those children from Reception and KS1 attending the disco will be taken to the school hall by class teachers. Collection is 4:30pm: Year 1 from classroom 1MO and Year 2 from classroom 2FD
- KS2 disco is 5:00pm to 6:00pm, drop off is through the main door and collection is from the school playground where children will line up.
- Thank you to everyone who has sent in payment so far. Please can any outstanding ticket payments be sent into school in an envelope labelled with your child's name and class by Weds this week.
- At the disco there will be sweets for the children. If you do not want your child to have any sweets, please inform the school office.
- We have had a fantastic response from parents with lots of help offered for both sessions - however not everyone is needed. To make this as fair as possible, we have picked names at random and they will have a text to confirm. If you do not receive a text, you are not needed on this occasion. We would like to thank everyone for their fantastic support.
- google form
- 27th April 7-9pm: Fashion Show with Katie and May; £5 (includes a welcome drink and entry into the raffle)
Please register and send your £5 into school in a clearly marked envelope with your name and child’s class.
We really hope you can join us for a brilliant night of fashion, beauty, and prizes – we have a licence so additional drinks will be available to purchase on the night, as will Katie & May clothing – with 10% of all proceeds going to school.
See you there!!
- 18th May 2023 - IHOMSA meeting at the North Bar @7pm
- 15th June 2023 - IHOMSA meeting at the North Bar (upstairs) @7pm. This meeting will focus on preparations to Family Night, please feel free to join in.
- 16th June 2023 - Father’s Day Stall. Please send in £3.50 in an envelope clearly labelled with your child's name and class.
- 23rd June 2023 - Non-uniform day for Family Night tombola donations. Reception and KS1 to bring new games and toys, KS2 to bring alcohol.
ACADEMIC YEAR 2023/24
- Menopause/Perimenopause Social Evening, date TBA
Immaculate Heart of Mary School Association Registered Charity Number 1167473